COGx Course: The Science of Successful Learning
What students learn:
- Introduction to the Science of Learning: What do we know about how we learn?
- Cognition & Learning: What skills do we rely on to learn effectively and how do these work together?
- Scientific Principles of Learning: What successful learning looks like and how to acquire it.
- Mastering Memory: How to build knowledge effectively in order to optimize critical thinking and enhance understanding.
- Mastering Executive Function: How to improve the habits that support learning success
The course is designed with insights from the science of how we learn. Lessons are interactive and dynamic, with micro-lessons that engage students, provoking personal reflection and deeper learning.
Unlike theoretical courses that test “surface-level learning of concepts”, this course is designed to develop more effective and autonomous learners, capable of supervising their own learning process (metacognition).
Students master then apply the concepts learned to the rest of their learning across all subjects. This results in better as well as more efficient learning.
Blended Learning Course
The course is composed of micro-lessons that can be taught as a complement to our individualized programs that clinically target cognition to improve learning, or as a stand-alone course for credit (or a combination of both).
Instructors delivering the course to students undergo training and certification by COGx while receiving ongoing quality assurance support.