COGx & Harvard
Capitalizing on the Covid-19 crisis to avert learning loss and abandon a zero-sum approach to learning success.
August 10th, 2021
- Event Pass -
Every year approximately XXX million students graduate from High School globally. Of these, approximately, XXX million will enroll in college hoping to obtain a degree. Historically, only X% succeed. Given the devastating effect from COVID-19, we can only expect more to fail in the years to come. The crisis should not be wasted to reform how we prepare students to succeed in College.
Challenges with Traditional Schooling:
- The way students think they learn differs greatly from how they learn and as a result they rely on ineffective strategies to learn.
- The current approach to teaching is often disconnected from how students learn and causes too many students to drop-out, struggle, and/or work too hard to do well.
- Schooling decreases creativity and student engagement.
- We produce a surplus of graduates with a deficit of skills that the economy demands.
Science of Learning to Modernize Schooling:
- Top performing schools embrace the science of learning. In this virtual symposium, you will learn from renowned experts on human learning as well as school leaders to address the following questions:
- Why are schooling and learning not synonymous terms?
- What is learning success? How can teachers foster learning success?
- What is the science of learning, and how can it help us modernize our educational system?
- Why is research on human learning often trapped in academia?
- How does adversity and trauma affect learning and how prevalent is the effect?
- How have successful school leaders transformed their culture and learning outcomes by incorporating learning science?