COGx & MTC
Mission Mapping: How the Science of Learning Supports Mastery
October 25th, 03:00 pm EST
COGx & MTC
Get introduced to key insights from the science of learning and how these insights can improve instructional practices.
- Learn about the key tenets of the Science of Learning (SoL)
- Understand how SoL is an essential tool for aligning instructional practices with mastery learning
- Identify how SoL maps onto and supports your school’s mission, values and strategic plan
- Acquire strategies for smooth implementation of the SoL and plan concrete steps to become a SoL ambassador in your school community
- Learn about a COGx grant to help your school achieve mastery learning cost effectively through training on the science of learning for your faculty, students and parents
In this interactive workshop, participants will be introduced to key insights from the science of learning and how these insights can improve instructional practices. First, participants will complete a questionnaire to assess their community’s current instructional practices. Next, using a summary of key research, participants will map the critical areas of cognitive science research to their individual schools’ mission and values. They will develop an understanding of how educating their community in the Science of Learning can further their institutional goals, specifically the development of their graduate profile and the alignment of their instruction with mastery learning. Further, participants will understand barriers to the diffusion of innovation and leave with strategies for effective implementation and concrete next steps. This interactive workshop is designed with adult learning theory and will include time for individual mission-mapping as well as group collaboration and feedback.