Online PD: Processing Skills
Capture Student Attention
Program at a glance
What you will learn:
- How to hold students attention
- How to avoid information overload
- How to teach students who process information slowly or too fast
- Common and unknown causes of inattention
- Common causes of impulsivity and how to address it
- What you can do to decrease your students’ anxiety about learning
- The science behind processing, including processing speed and working memory
How you will learn:
COGx Curriculum Designer, Adjunct Faculty Johns Hopkins University
Founder & Executive Director, COGx
"What was said about overloading the working memory and the processing speed is something that I would love to focus on in my classes. The importance to know the interdependence between the cognitive skills. I really was positively surprised by the amount of informations about those skills....I feel so embarrassed now when I remember all the times we ask students to be attentive"
" It was very useful to know the impact of the three interdependent cognitive skills that are essential for learning, what can we do to accommodate for processing skills ,strengths and weakness in classroom and how all of these affect our students outcome."