Online PD: Executive Function
Strengthen Your Students Executive Function
Program at a glance
What you will learn:
- What skills are considered executive functions
- Symptoms of executive dysfunction
- How to reach students who procrastinate and help students who struggle with organization
- How to teach students how to plan for long term assignments
- How to develop your student’s ability to self-regulate, self-monitor and stay motivated
How you will learn:
" To start off with, I do feel more comfortable with the material presented during this module and specifically the "self-monitoring executive function skill", where I can help my students apply strategies to self-monitor their progress to reach their goals. During the module, I came across different student cases that showed executive dysfunction due to poor or no reflection. For instance, Noah's case was very much related to certain students I had in mind that tend to have similar experiences."
"I learned the different symptoms of dysfunctional Executive Functions and why they occur. I will not judge the students anymore and tell them to focus. I will immediately change the instructional strategies to cater to the different learning styles in the classroom."
Curriculum Designer & Adjunct Faculty, Johns Hopkins University
Founder & Executive Director, COGx
Author & Educator